Is your food business Sugar Smart? We’re asking caterers, cafes, restaurants and takeaways to work with us.
Local cafes, hospitals, logistics suppliers and other businesses have already started to take action. On this page you will find some resources to help you:
Inform your customers and your staff
- Posters for display around your workplace or near vending machines. 500ml sugary drinks poster and 330ml sugary drinks poster.
- App to scan food and drink products to find out how much sugar they contain – you can share this with colleagues. Download the Sugar Smart app.
- Suggestions for four Sugar Smart challenges.
- Ministry of Food course. You could set up this 8-week cookery course covering knife skills through to more complex recipes. Or give GCDA a call as they run cookery clubs across the borough and can help you out here!
Change the environment
- Presentation on sugar and obesity in Greenwich – you could use this for a lunchtime event to discuss the problems with Sugar . Download presentation.
- Leaflet and how-to guide about how to put in place a sugar levy on sugar drinks – see also the Children’s Health fund
- Sugar Smart vending guidelines for use in making your vending sugar smart