Do you want to make delicious, healthy meals accessible to children during the school holidays?
Do you have a few days to spare this summer?
Are you interested in Good Food for all?
If so, then we have a fantastic opportunity for you.
Over the school holidays many kids who are eligible for free school meals may go hungry as schools and their kitchens are closed.
Good Food in Greenwich is delivering a holiday meal programme over the summer to provide food to services that are currently working with disadvantaged kids. Cooking food at a central facility, we will deliver the meals to different services in the borough and are looking for volunteers to help the staff at those centres to set up and serve the food during and help wash and clear up afterwards.
We’re looking for volunteers to help set up and serve the meals at clubs during the summer.
- Have or be willing to have a DBS check done (at no cost to you)
- Support the delivery driver to unload the food
- Support the centre staff to set up the space in order to serve the food. This will include putting out plates, cutlery, napkins, heating the food, transferring to a soup kettle and chopping up fruit/vegetables/bread
- Serve the food
- Support the staff with collecting numbers and paperwork as needed
- Help clear away and wash up
- Be enthusiastic and friendly with the children and discuss the food, encourage them to try and if possible discuss the healthy eating messages
- Have or be willing to get a Food Safety qualification (we can help you do this online at no cost to you)
If you’re interested please contact Mel on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02082694880 for more information