Are you interested in learning some new recipes, making new friends and becoming healthier in the process?
If so, then the cookery clubs are for you!
GCDA run 50, 5-week Community Cookery Clubs each year throughout the borough that are open to the public. The clubs run in all different parts of the borough in community venues and are open to all.
The focus is on making small changes that can have a big impact on your health such as measuring your salt and oil so you can start reducing it, or finding easy ways to try to increase your fruit and vegetable intake, making simple swaps to help reduce the amount of sugar you consume and loads of tips and ideas to help reduce waste and save money. All the ingredients and equipment are included and participants who attend at least 4 of the 5 weeks will receive a fabulous recipe book to help them continue their journey at home.
Although the clubs do focus on healthy eating messages, they’re really about informing people and giving people the skills and knowledge to make choices themselves. But, the best thing is that becoming healthier is just ONE of the benefits. Participants report many great benefits from attending the clubs including meeting new people, being more social and becoming more active.
To find out more or to book, please call 0800 470 4831 to find your nearest venue.
Alternatively, check out the list to see the next round of venues, days and times.
What you need to know:
- The cookery clubs are free!
- They run for 5 weeks (1 day a week) – see below for details
- They include a week learning how to grow food
- They are open to everyone, from complete beginners to experienced cooks
- All equipment, ingredients and aprons are provided
- They are a great way to meet new people
- You can learn about healthy eating and practical cooking skills
- Participants will receive a free cookery book on completion of the course
- You must book a place on the course 0800 470 4831